Monday, December 21, 2009

Recording Studio Sessions

I've recently had the opportunity to start documenting bands while they're in the process of tracking and recording new albums. It's been a really interesting and exciting.

Music is one of my biggest influences for photography and sparks most of my inspiration, so being able to see what all really goes into the process of making an album has been extremely intriguing. It's an amazing collaboration of raw talent, notes, sounds, vocals, inspiration and pure energy and emotion. I feel privileged to be around while all of this is going on since recording is so personal and such an emotional process. Long hours, long nights, cigarette breaks, recording and then re-recording the same songs and sounds over and over again for a 5 second beat difference you or I wouldn't have noticed, just to make sure that final product is perfect.

The pictures in this post are from my recording experience so far with Eli Chastain (myspace.​com/​elctunes) in the studio with Wes DeBoy (myspace.​com/​wesdeboy)





























I'm excited to continue doing this. I'll be posting more updates as time goes on so keep an eye out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment